American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course
This course provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. Course includes Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Anaphylaxis & Epinephrine Auto-injector.
- Must be 15 years old before the final session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously with goggles.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. C
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Which is starting in the water, swim 20 yards without googles. Surface dive feet-first or head-first to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point. (Both hands must be on the brick and you cannot swim underwater). Exit the water without ladder or steps.
Cost: $200 for Residents $250 for Non-Residents; Includes book and pocket mask. Fees are non-refundable.
Resident: Resides within the City of Boca Raton or the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District
Non- Resident: Resides outside the City of Boca Raton and the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District
Register in person, by phone or online. The course will be cancelled and refunds given if minimum enrollment is not met.
For up to date information about upcoming classes, call the Swim Center at 561-544-8540 ext 1 or Meadows Park Pool at 561-393-7851
Be prepared to swim at every session. Wet suits, rash guards, goggles, and dry clothing are highly recommended.
Bring your book and pocket mask to each class. Wear comfortable clothing. Class involves kneeling and lying on the floor.