American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course
This course provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. Course includes Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, Administering Emergency Oxygen and Anaphylaxis & Epinephrine Auto-injector.
Upcoming Dates and Times:
All dates and times are final and must be completed in order to receive certification for Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid. Failure to attend each date is subject to failure of this course.
Meadows Park Pool
1300 NW 8th St, Boca Raton, FL, 33486
This is a Blended Learning course meaning the class will be both online and in-person. You must complete both the online and in-person portions of the course in order to receive certification for Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid.
- Must be 15 years old before the final session of the course.
- Swim 300 yards continuously with goggles.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds. Which is starting in the water, swim 20 yards without googles. Surface dive feet-first or head-first to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to return to the starting point. (Both hands must be on the brick and you cannot swim underwater). Exit the water without ladder or steps.
Cost: $250 for Residents $312 for Non-Residents; Includes book and pocket mask. Fees are non-refundable.
Resident: Resides within the City of Boca Raton or the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District
Non- Resident: Resides outside the City of Boca Raton and the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District
Register in person or by phone. The course will be cancelled and refunds given if minimum enrollment is not met.
Once registration is complete, the instructor will email instructions for completing the online portion of the course.
For up to date information about upcoming classes, call the Swim Center at 561-544-8540 ext 1 or Meadows Park Pool at 561-393-7851.
Be prepared to swim at every session. Wet suits, rash guards, goggles, and dry clothing are highly recommended.
Bring your book and pocket mask to each class. Wear comfortable clothing. Class involves kneeling and lying on the floor.