NOTICE FOR BID
SWIM AND RACQUET CLUB IMPROVEMENTS
- The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District will receive sealed bids until August 11, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. for Swim and Racquet Club Improvements.
The project will consist of the construction of a 7300 s.f. community center building, a 3500 s.f. maintenance building, swimming pool improvements, tennis building renovation and expansion, together with all necessary site work, building demolition, utilities, roadways, parking facilities, lighting, playground and related improvements and infrastructure.
The project is located at the Swim and Racquet Club, 21618 St. Andrews Boulevard, Boca Raton, Florida.
- These bids will be publicly opened in the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District Office, Room 404, Sugar Sand Park Community Center, 300 South Military Trail, Boca Raton, Florida 33486, in the presence of District representatives at the above stated time and date.
All bidders or their representatives are invited to be present when bids are opened.
B. Any bids received after time and date specified will not be considered.
C. Any bid may be withdrawn up until the time set above for opening of the bids. Any bid not so withdrawn shall, upon opening, constitute an irrevocable offer to sell to the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District the goods or services set forth in the specifications until one or more of the bids have been duly accepted by the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District. The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District action on bids normally will be taken within 45 days of opening; however, no guarantee or representation is made herein as to the time between the bid opening and subsequent Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District action.
D. Bidders may attend a pre-bid conference to be held on July 10, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. at the office of the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District, Room 404, Sugar Sand Park Community Center, 300 South Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL.
- At any time during the period that the contractor has personnel doing work and furnishing necessary labor to complete a contract for the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District, the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District must be fully protected by the contractor having the following:
- Worker’s compensation insurance and the contractor shall require any subcontractor similarly to provide worker’s compensation insurance for all of the latter’s employees who are engaged in such work unless such employees are covered by the protection afforded by the contractor’s insurance. In case any employees are to be engaged in hazardous work under this contract and are not protected under the worker’s compensation statute, the contractor shall provide, and shall cause each subcontractor to provide, coverage judged adequate by the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District for the protection of such employees.
B. Public liability insurance in an amount of not less than $2,000,000 for bodily injury, including accidental death, to any one person and, subject to the same limit for each person, in an amount of not less than $2,000,000 on account of one accident.
C. Property damage insurance in an amount of not less than $5,000,000.00.
D. Builder’s “all-risk” flood, vandalism, fire, and extended coverage, in amounts equal to the full (completed) value of structures, equipment, electrical, and mechanical systems only.
E. Umbrella coverage in the amount of $2,000,000 excess liability for general liability.
- Bidder shall submit along with his bid the following:
- Evidence that he is certificated and licensed to perform the work and services, or qualified to be so certificated and licensed, under the state of Florida and the Code of Ordinances of the City of Boca Raton, Florida. The successful bidder must be in compliance.
- A cashier’s check or bid bond in the amount of not less than five percent (5%) of the bid as a guarantee that the bidder, if awarded the contract, will enter into a written contract with the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District in accordance with his accepted bid. Checks and bonds will be returned to the unsuccessful bidder(s) at the time the contract is awarded.
- All bid bonds, performance bonds, labor and material payment bonds, insurance, contracts and certificates of insurance shall either be executed by or countersigned by a licensed resident agent of the surety or insurance company having his place of business in the State of Florida. The surety or insurance company shall be duly licensed and qualified to do business in the State of Florida.
- The contractor agrees that if awarded the contract, the bidder will submit a contract performance surety bond and labor and materials payment bond satisfactory to the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District each equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the contract amount.
- The successful bidder must have one or more current certificates of insurance demonstrating the required insurance coverage placed on file in the office of the owner before work commences, and must maintain such certificates during the progress of the work.
- The successful bidder must comply with the Copeland “Anti-Kickback” Act (18 U.S.C. Section 874) as supplemented in U.S. Department of Labor Regulations (29 CFR, Part 3).
VII. Time of completion of work on this shall be in accordance with such time as specified in the Specifications and will be considered as an integral part of the contract. Failure to meet this time of completion under reasonable conditions will subject the contractor to liquidated damages.
VIII. There will be a meeting for all prospective bidders at the Office of the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District (“GBRBPD”) on July 10, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. Attendance at the meeting is optional.
IX. All work shall be done in accordance with the bidding and contract documents, including plans and specifications.
X. Bidding and contract documents may be obtained from the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District Office, Room 404, Sugar Sand Park Community Center, 300 South Military Trail, Boca Raton, Florida 33486, telephone (561) 417-4599 on June 19th, 2017, upon payment of $200.00 for each set. This amount represents reproduction costs and is non-refundable. Payment may be made by check only payable to the Greater Boca Raton Beach and Park District. Plans may have been forwarded to various plan rooms for your convenience and if so a list of such locations is attached. Bidding and contract documents will also be available electronically.
XI. Please use proposal form for your bid.
XIIAll bids shall be in a sealed envelope and marked on the exterior “Sealed bid for Swim and Racquet Club Improvements”, dated and addressed to:
GREATER BOCA RATON BEACH & PARK DISTRICT
300 South Military Trail
Boca Raton, Florida 33486
XIII The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District reserves the right to accept all or any part of the bid, and to increase or decrease quantities to meet additional or reduced requirements of the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District. The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District reserves the right to waive any informality in any bid. The Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District reserves the right to reject all bids, and to re-advertise for bids. The bid of the lowest responsible bidder shall mean that bidder who makes the lowest bid to sell goods and services of a quality which conform closest to the quality of goods and services set forth in the specifications or required by the Greater Boca Raton Beach & Park District, and who is known to be fit and capable to perform the bid as made.
THE GREATER BOCA RATON BEACH & PARK DISTRICT
300 South Military Trail Telephone (561) 417-4599
Boca Raton, Florida 33486
Proposers should contact Mr. Arthur C. Koski, Executive Director at (561) 417-4599 for clarification of any details regarding the project.
Board of Commissioners
Robert K. Rollins, Jr., Chairman
Craig F. Ehrnst
Steven M. Engel
Erin A. Wright